Nearing the end of your assignment?

Here's what to do next...

Keep us updated...

All good things come to an end...

If you’re nearing the end of your assignment and are unsure about the next steps, we’ve got you covered!

There are many reasons you might think you have to leave us at the end of your contract. However, this is not always the case. From going limited to looking for a mortgage, Danbro are here every step of the way.

Going limited

New assignment

Your contract of employment will stay in place whilst you’re looking for a new assignment. 

What’s more, it’s designed to cover multiple assignments at various end clients, so as soon as you’ve landed your next contract, you’ll be ready to go! 

Plus you’ll benefit from continuity of employment, which is great for getting a mortgage or loan. 

If you’ve decided to start your own company, you can stay with us! Danbro Accounting Limited looks after hundreds of limited company contractors. 

We’d love to do the same for you and can make the transition to limited stress-free and seamless. 

Whatever the case, just let your payroll team know and they’ll be happy to help. 

If you decide to move on from Danbro, you’ll need to contact the team to request your P45.  Although we’re always sad to lose our employees, we want to make the process as smooth as possible. So, here’s what you need to know:

Requesting your P45

Information we need to produce your P45:

When we produce your P45:

Your last day of work and the reason you're leaving.

We can only produce your P45 once we’ve made your final payment. This is to ensure the figures we use are as accurate as possible.

When requesting your P45:  

You need to make sure that there are no outstanding timesheets or invoices, 

all of your expense claims have been dealt with, and you’ve received any pension contribution refunds that were owed (due to being within your 30 day opt out window for auto enrolment).

How you receive your P45

  • Your P45 will be sent to you by email. You’ll receive it in a password-protected email to the address we have on record, so, it’s important to make sure your contact details are kept up to date on your online portal
  • If you’d like a paper copy of your P45 instead, simply let us know.

What happens if we receive money for you, after issuing your P45?

Accessing documentation once you’ve left Danbro

Once we issue your P45, we’re no longer your employer. If we receive any money for you after this point, we can only pay it to you as a “payment after leaving”.

These payments are taxed on an “emergency” basis using tax code 0T/wk1 (or mth1) and could result in an overpayment of tax.

For more information on common tax codes and what they mean in practice, watch our video: 

When you leave Danbro, you retain a “read-only” view of your online portal. This means you’ll still be able to see and download your payslips, P60s and your P45 - but you won’t be able to add any timesheets or expenses.

If you decide to return to Danbro, just give us a call, or let us know and we can reactivate your account in no time. 

Get £250...

Do you have a friend, colleague or family member who could benefit from our services? Refer them to us and when they register, you'll both receive up to £250 or up to 4 weeks margin FREE.

© 2020 Danbro. All rights reserved. Jubilee House, East Beach, Lytham St. Annes, FY8 5FT

If you have any questions, speak to your payroll team today on 01253 600 140